Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Nearly There

This is "Anna's Flower Garden."


I dare say this quilt has been my nemesis.  One of those "seemed like a good idea at the time."  Hexagons, ugh!  Putting the individual flowers together was fine.  But putting them all together was tedious!  And they did not come together without issue.  Most of those issues I did not fix.  I thought I'd quilt them out by using a super puffy batting and for the most part, that has worked to hide the imperfections well.  But I hate the puffy batting.  Mainly because of my tiny harp space in which to work with it.  And once quilted, it is very stiff under the arm of the machine.  This won't be an issue in everyday use for for quilting, it is a PITA! 

But as my husband says, this quilt is really adorable and awesome.  I am just thankful it is not huge like my past quilts have been.  And I will be really grateful when the quilting is done.  That part I am enjoying when the batting co-operates.  At any rate, my daughter hasn't seen this at all so it will be a complete surprise.  We have been working to really deep clean and reorganize her room this past weekend.  I was planning to save this quilt to give her for her birthday in late February but now I am thinking I will give it to her when her room is completely finished.   She has been working very hard to clean out and has been a good sport about all the things that went to the garbage.  So this will be a special treat I think.  And I'll just be glad to get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment