Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Masters of the Undersea

This is the quilt I made for my 16 year old son for Christmas. 

 
 
 
 

My son has been really interested in the quilting process from the start of my quilting journey.  He begged me to give him "Traveling Stars."  I told him I'd make one specifically for him for Christmas.  He loves all things camo and orange.  The fish entered the picture when his previous store bought quilt with a fishing theme ended up in so many tatters that he packed it away for "memories."  I wanted to make him something that would, in a way, bring that quilt back to life.  This did.  He loves it.  I really enjoyed making it. 

The quilt top only took seven days to piece but the quilting took a month.  I see that as tons of practice and this quilt really put my free motion quilting into a new and better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment