Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Playing Catch Up

I've been busy with projects, not so much with blogging them.  So here you go...


This was a quick table runner for my daughter.  We finished redecorating her room and it ended up that she needed a table runner to protect a dresser top.  She LOVES it.



Next, I made a Strata Star.  It is also a table topper.  I was just testing the pattern to see if I might want to make a bigger version for a larger quilt.  I really love it and may do it on a larger scale at some point future.


Meanwhile, I also made "Regal" who is a wall hanging.  A quick attempt at the stained glass look.  This turned out well.  My daughter wants to own this too.

So for now, all projects future are on hold awaiting a new machine to arrive.  It's tax return season and I've been waiting for about six months to upgrade my sewing machine.  I am currently sewing on a Pfaff 803, literally a dinosaur machine in which I have added three safety pins into the thread path for more accurate tension.  It's not the best and that is putting it mildly.  I've never had a new machine.  "New" to me, yes, but brand new, no.  So in a few days time, I will.  I cannot wait.  Therefore I have put off some things while I wait for it to come.  What I've really done is put off the frustrations associated with my current machine.  I'd like to be creating, and I might be having withdrawals, but I am waiting nonetheless.  This has been a good time to straighten up my sewing studio and brainstorm with my husband on ways to make it more efficient. 

So that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment